For the artichoke creamy sauce
- 3 artichoke hearts (I used 2 large ones, but about 3 smaller ones, see more notes above)
- 2 tablespoons roasted or raw cashew nuts
- ½ clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water or artichoke brine
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
For the ‘zucchini pasta’ part
- 2 medium zucchinis (summer squash), spiralized into noodles or peeled into ribbons
- 1 spring onion/scallion, green part chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 120 g / 4 oz roast or grilled turkey slices, diced
- Place all artichoke cream ingredients in a blender or food processor. Whiz for 30-40 seconds, until blended and smooth. Scrape sides, if you need to. Taste for salt and add a little more, if desired.
- Place the zucchini noodles or ribbons in a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of the artichoke cream. Add the onions and diced turkey meat and combine well, making sure the zucchini is evenly coated with the sauce. Serve topped with a little more of the green onions and some cracked pepper. You can also add extra lemon juice.