This zesty, sweet mango salsa is super easy to make. It goes well with fish, chicken or prawns or plant-based dishes like beans and rice or quinoa. It’s also great in tacos.
- 1/4 red onion, very finely diced
- 6–8 fresh basil leaves, very finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1.5–2 large mangos, diced into small cubes (not too ripe!)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cracked black pepper
- Simply combine the mango salsa ingredients in a bowl and serve. If you find the onion too bitter, soak it in a bowl of cold water for 10-15 minutes before using. Serve as a sauce or a condiment with fish, chicken or prawns.
- Salsa will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.