Making these fluffy keto pancakes is very easy and you can enjoy them in about 15-20 minutes. The recipe contains dairy but is gluten-free and grain-free. Serve with your favourite berries and sugar-free syrup.
4 eggs, at room temperature
115 g/ 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
6 tablespoons coconut flour
4 tablespoons heavy cream (or cooking cream)
2 tablespoons Erythritol or any other low-carb sugar replacer
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or lemon extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest for a citrusy twist (optional)
1 tablespoon butter, for cooking
Berries & low-carb/sugar-free syrup to serve, like this Surkin Gold Syrup Alternative
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Preheat a griddle to 175 C / 350 degrees F or place a non-stick skillet/pan over medium-high heat.
- Add a dollop of butter, and melt it, getting it to cover the whole cooking surface.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the hot cooking surface.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles form and the sides settle and use a spatula to flip the pancakes onto the other side and cook for 2 more minutes. Repeat with the remaining batch, add a little more butter to the pan if needed. Second batch of pancakes always cooks a bit quicker as the grill is hotter, so make sure not to burn them.
- Serve with low-carb syrup and berries.
For a keto-friendly golden syrup, try this option from Surkin.