Choose a ripe, sweet pineapple for this recipe. As an alternative, you could use canned pineapple in brine or juice and fry it quickly in a hot pan to get some grill marks.
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut into quarter slices (see pic)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 long red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1/3 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1/2 clove garlic grated)
- zest of 1/2 large lime
- juice of 1 large lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Peel and cut pineapple into quarters.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet/frying pan over high heat. Add the pineapple slices and fry on each for 2-3 minutes, until grill marks appear.
- Remove cooked pineapple to a board or plate and them cool down. Then slice into small cubes.
- Add pineapple to a large mixing bowl with the rest of ingredients and stir through until well combined. Serve with some fresh coriander on top.