This ket0-friendly low-carb paleo bread is made with hemp seed flour. It’s high in fibre, protein and nutrients and can be enjoyed with your favourite toppings or with soups and stews.
- 1/2 cup hemp seed flour (about 75–80 g)
- 1/2 cup linseed meal (about 75–80 g)
- 1 cup almond meal (about 100 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bi-carb soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 4 eggs (large)
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (you need this to activate the bi-carb soda, otherwise use lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare a 20cm by 7cm loaf tin (it can be larger or smaller but will give you a taller or shorter bread). Cover the bottom with a piece of parchment paper and grease the bottom and sides with a little oil or ghee. Preheat the oven to 170 C / 340 F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix through. Whisk together the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix through with a fork until really well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the bread loaf tin and spread evenly on the top.
- Pop in the oven, middle shelf, for about 40 minutes.
- Once ready, turn the oven off and remove the loaf. Rest it under a towel for 10-15 minutes, and then remove carefully from the tin.
- Slice half if you like to store in the freezer and keep the rest wrapped in a towel or in a container. I like to store it in the fridge so it lasts longer.