This delicious and healthy rotisserie chicken salad is made with nutritious spinach and high-fibre vegetables and creamy mayonnaise and yoghurt dressing. Red onions and pickles add some fun flavors. This is a single-serve recipe but you can double or triple the ingredients for a larger batch. This chicken salad recipe is gluten-free, low-carb and keto-friendly. Omit yoghurt and increase mayo to make it paleo and Whole30 friendly.
4 oz / 120 g / 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken (breast/thigh)
1 cup chopped baby spinach leaves
1/3 cup sliced or chopped celery (1 rib)
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
2–3 radishes, sliced
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot or red onion
1 tablespoon finely diced pickle or gherkin (medium size)
1 tablespoon pickle juice
1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
1.5 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
A good pinch of salt and pepper
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds on top
- Separate the meat from the chicken carcass and shred it into strips. You can use breast and thigh meat here. Aim for about 120 grams of meat per serving (that’s about 1 chicken breast).
- Chop the spinach and slice the vegetables; finely dice red onions and pickles/gherkins.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl together with the mayo, yoghurt and Dijon mustard. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. If you’re not using yoghurt (which adds a little acidity and lightens up the dressing), add a splash of lemon juice or vinegar. Pickle juice also adds a little acidity.
- Serve with a few pumpkin seeds or other seeds/nuts on top.
- Serving Size: Full serving
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Sodium: 966.3 mg
- Fat: 23.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 31.7 g
- Cholesterol: 93.7 mg
Keywords: Chicken, Salad, Rotisserie Chicken, Chicken Salad, Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free